Although dogs can/will eat anything we give them, certain foods can be toxic to them so you need to be careful what you're feeding your pet.
Most people are probably unsure of what their dog can and can't have so we have made a little list below to help.
- Apple slices
- Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
- Potatoes (only if cooked)
- Spinach (cooked, raw is hard for dogs to digest)
- Sweet potatoes
- Apple seeds
- Cat Food
- Coffee, tea & other caffeine
- Cooked bones
- Grapes & raisins
- Macadamia nuts
- Milk & dairy products
- Onions & chives
- Persimmon, peaches & plum pits
- Rhubarb & tomato leaves
- Xylitol - a sweetener/sugar substitute often found in peanut butters
* Bolded items can be fatal for dogs
Do not feed your dog canned/tinned fruits and vegetables due to the high salt and sugar contents
Although fruits and vegetables have many health benefits for your dog, they should be fed in moderation and should never replace your dogs entire diet.